Last chance to change my mind....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by The Sheriff, Nov 3, 2009.

1. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Tomorrow is my 9th wedding anniversary. DH is buying me an incubator as a gift. I have researched until my eyes hurt and think I will order the R-Com King Suro 20. It is on sale now for a great price, beating the comparable Brinsea by about $240 if you add the humidity module. I am waiting until the morning to place my order to see if I can get expedited shipping. So, if you have it and hate it, talk me out of it right now! If you have it and love it, cheer me on! If you live in the Sacramento area check Craigslist in a few days for my Little Giant and Hobavator listings! [​IMG]

Mary

2. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    just know you will only be able to hatch 20 eggs at a time
    or atleast untill your next anniversary

3. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    That's ok, the Brinsea holds the same. I can't imagine wanting to hatch more than 20 at a time anyway. [​IMG]

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

We just put eggs in our brand new Brinsea tonight. I am hoping it is everything I have been told it is. I have it from a GREAT source that I made the right decision, sooooo.......

5. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    Quote:i wasnt comparing it to the brinsea i was just stating in general

6. roostercruiser

roostercruiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2009
    Reelsville, IN
    It's $240 cheaper than the other one and they only hold 20 eggs. Sounds like alot of wasted money. Takes alot of chicks to make $240 and at 20 eggs every 3 weeks I don't see how it would ever pay for itself. I got a used sportsman 1502 for $350 and it holds over 200 eggs.

7. solarquail

solarquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2009
    Virginia
    just wait till you get the incubator then TRY saying that again!

Quote:

8. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Quote:Well, fortunately for me I don't need to make money from chickens! But thanks for your concern.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2009
  9. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Quote:I dont think she's going into busines hatching.. just hatching for herself. I have a cabinet incubator but end up using my hovabator as the cabinet is overkill, takes a lot of space too... to each their own. I have no reason whatsoever to hatch 200 eggs .... I would venture to say that most people don't. Sometimes a small footprint to hatch only what you want is just what you need and the R-com's are very well known and used a lot by people hatching VERY expensive birds. Quantity isnt always a factor....

Congrats on your anniversary!

Nancy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by