Last chick of the year.....Hatched Saturday....Named it Libra

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Lady in Blue, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Lady in Blue

Lady in Blue Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2009
    Near Muncie, Indiana
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  2. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    [​IMG] I thought I had the last chick. [​IMG]

3. peafowlmom

peafowlmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2011
    Summerville ,SC
    Congratulations! That must be awesome! [​IMG]

4. bdfive

bdfive Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2010
    South of Blanco, TX
    What a sweetie!!! I'm raising one by itself that hatched Sept 13. It has 2 mirrors, a stuffed dog and a piece of sheepsking hide with the fur. I feel so guilty not spending enough time with it but it's in a 2 by 4 foot wired brooder on our closed in back porch so I visit it in short intervals often. How will you raise your?

5. Lady in Blue

Lady in Blue Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2009
    Near Muncie, Indiana
    Quote:So far the little guy is in the laundry room.....I have two others that are still inside with him in a separate chage. I wish it had a friend. Since he/she is a loner I am sure it will be spoiled rotten.

6. bdfive

bdfive Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2010
    South of Blanco, TX
    Quote:So far the little guy is in the laundry room.....I have two others that are still inside with him in a separate chage. I wish it had a friend. Since he/she is a loner I am sure it will be spoiled rotten.

Once they get a little older those little fluffy feathers are everywhere, LOL!!! I have a 3 by 10 foot pen off the ground in 1 of the 10 by 30 foot pens it can go in where it will be with other peafowl. I figured I'd arrange something the older chicks can fly up onto so they can be next to this lone chick with only hardware clothe seperating them. I hate seeing it by itself but checked far and wide for someone local with chicks hatched around Sept 13 and found none. This isn't even a chick I'd keep but will be so bonded to it that will most likely change. Wish I had some really enthused peafowl owners like myself near me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by