Last hatchers of the 2012 season

frenchblackcopper

Crowing
12 Years
Jul 14, 2009
East central Illinois
I hate to be the last one to hatch out a 2012 peachick,,so I'm wondering and hoping someone else is in the same arena with me.I have 2 BSSP eggs in,one due to hatch in the next day or so and another due in 3-4 more days.I was hoping the group of eggs in when these eggs was started would give them some company but it seems maybe only 1 of my BSSP hens was still fertile when Roadtrip stopped breeding.
I candled both eggs last nite and see movement so now it's just to get them to hatch out and survive.So since sharing is indeed caring who else wants to admit they still have a last few eggs to hatch? I personally was hoping that there would be 4-5 chicks hatch out with each of these eggs that was put into incubation 5 days apart but now it looks like they are the sole survivors.I'm hoping Sunday or Monday the bator will be able to be shut down for good.

Mine hatched out a week ago, so you have me beat! Living in ND, a hatch as late as this one means it'll be in the house all winter... I should quit feeding it meal worms (I have been giving it one or two a day). Now I put my hand in there and it bites my fingers...
ep.gif

Gotcha beat LMAO! I have charcoal eggs in my bator that ARE fertile and do to hatch the end of month beginning of October. LOL I still have hens a laying
big_smile.png
Mother nature told all the other males except my charcoal (he still has half his tail) that breeding season was over yet I am still finding eggs in the pen. My charcoal pair will not leave their pen even though the door is open and they can go into the larger one they still don't. I do have other hens go into the charcoal pen but so far those eggs are not fertile just his mate. I have 4 charcoal eggs in there that are fertile and added another this morning, it was laid last night along with a white hen's egg. If that egg is fertile it will be due to hatch on Oct 17-19. I think I am the last one LOL

Last edited:
Yoda,I checked my records and my last good BSSP egg in the bator was put in on Aug 29th,,you definately are more greedy than I am,,maybe we can do a Farewell 2012 Hatch thread.The last of the last,youngest of the young.

Ya'll are so lucky!I wish I still had eggs to hatch!

I do have to thank everyone for the encouragement & advice; this was my 1st year to hatch peas & it was nerve-wracking but a lot of fun & I love my peas! so much that yes, ending up keeping 6 of my peachicks so now we have to expand the pens to accomodate all 10 of them.

Just wish they didn't grow up so fast!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom