Last-minute Thanksgiving shoppers

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bullitt, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Bullitt

Bullitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
    I have a relative who works in a grocery store. He says every year one or two people will come in the store Wednesday evening after they get off work and want to buy a turkey for Thanksgiving, which is the next day.

When it is pointed out that the frozen turkey will take a few days to thaw out the refrigerator, or about 10 hours for a 20-pound turkey using the cold-water method in which the water is changed every 30 minutes, the people act surprised as if this is their first Thanksgiving.

Heads up people, Thanksgiving is on the fourth Thursday in November each year in the United States.

Buy your turkey and thaw it out now. :)

Some of you may have other turkey plans in your yard, though. :)

2. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I had no idea that is takes that long to thaw out. LOL! Lucky for me though, turkey is never on the menu. [​IMG]

3. Bullitt

Bullitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
    Okay, I will ask. Why don't you eat turkey? Do you just not like turkey or are you a vegetarian?

4. Peaches Lee

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I cannot get past the taste of turkey. I'm not 100% vegetarian, but I don't need meat at every meal. [​IMG]

5. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    I like turkey, but I like chicken a lot better. The last Thanksgiving dinner I prepared, instead of a turkey I roasted a large Cornish X. He dressed out at 16 pounds, so he was as large as a turkey. In my opinion he tasted a lot better, too.

6. Peaches Lee

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    That is huge!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by