Last night I went down like a ton of bricks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KBChicks, Dec 20, 2010.

1. KBChicks

KBChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    PA
    We live in an old farmhouse with 2 full baths but only one shower...in the basement. The upstairs bath is 10x10 and beautiful...but NO shower. I've been after DH for years to install one but he's always working on some other project.
    Anyway, I went down last night to shower and touch up my roots.[​IMG]

I guess I took more time than DH expected because he started the dishes and the water wet freezing cold on me. I moved out of the way of the water and hollered up, Nothing.

Hollered up again......still nothing.
    So I decide to jump out and go to the middle of the basement floor.......Jack....I'm still in the shower......Oh...ok....sorry.

On my way back...and kinda of ticked, I wasn't being careful and skid right when I set foot in the bathroom.

Smacked my head on the corner of the door and my left side hit the floor so hard I thought it was going to crack the concrete.

It's been a long time since I've been scared for "me", but I gotta tell ya....I was really scared. By the time DH (almost falling down the stairs) got to me I was sitting up, freezing cold, and starting to thump all over. The only thing that WASN'T so cold was my left hand...which was covering my head.

DH grabbed some towels, wrapped me up and drug me over to a carpeted area. By this time I had blood streaming down my arm. Funny thing about head wounds. The littlest nick will bleed like crazy at first.

Anyway, by the time all was said and done I have about a quarter inch cut on my head, a 7 inch hemmotaba (not sure how to spell it) on my thigh, a dent in my shin with a Beautiful bruise around it, black and blue toes, left arm is hard to lift (nothing broken tho) and pulled my groin.
    DH doctored me up pretty good, with the exception of trying to get some clothes on me while my skin was still wet.

I popped 800 mg.s of motrin and am attempting to go into the office this morning. I have a 4 dozen egg delivery, otherwise I would still be in bed.

After the holidays I'm calling a plumber and putting mats all over the place in both bathrooms.

2. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] OUCH! So sorry! [​IMG]

3. bburn

bburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Delaware, Arkansas
    Oh my gosh!! Non slip mats quick!!!

I flop all the time. The joke here is that I fall better than most people. All the time missing the last step on the stairs off the side porch. Tripped in the garden on a piece of tin that had fallen over.....bad bruise on my shin, lost my breath and thought that time I had really hurt me. We also have a sunken hearth room off the kitchen and two steps back up to the den. I have to tell you first that my DH is a carpenter and built houses for years. This house has been built on to at least three times. Talk about a bad job of planning......coming out of the kitchen into the living room is a death trap. I have fallen/slid off those steps about thirty times! Good thing I flop good!

Be careful!

4. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    My goodness - you did a good job of it, didn't you? I bet you're pretty sore this morning. I hope you heal fast!

5. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Your poor DH he must feel horrible! And poor you!! [​IMG] Doesn't falling make you feel incredibly foolish?? I do it all the time too, [​IMG] and I always feel like an idiot. A bruised idiot at that!! [​IMG]

6. jen5680

jen5680 Southside Silkie Shack

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    Hope you feel better! At least you didn't have a wipe out in a public place for others to see.
    I hate when I fall just walking thru town or at a store!!! That always makes me feel like a doof!! LOL!!

7. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    You should try being a professor on a college campus full of young virile athletes and falling! [​IMG] They want very much to laugh their heads off but they act all concerned instead..... all the while stifling their hysterics for later!

I actually was reading a book while walking across campus once and fell off a curb. [​IMG] Deserved that one!

8. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

oh, dear.. That sounds like it really hurt [​IMG] I sure hope you heal up quick "soft hugs coming your way"

9. KBChicks

KBChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    PA
    I think the funniest thing about the whole eposide was I was thinking........

"You're naked, wet and bleeding.....suck in your stomach......"[​IMG]

10. Randy

Randy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    AR
    Hope you get to feeling better soon. This should be a cautionary tale for all the men out there. Never do the dishes! It just leads to trouble.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by