Last of my birds for sale - SE Tx

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by tx_dane_mom, Jan 31, 2008.

1. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    I will be in Houston 2/12 if someone wants to meet me for pick-up - Otherwise I am located in Bridge City (77611.) I am willing to ship if someone wants them bad enough.
    Here's all I have left:
    - 10 wk old pair of Barred Rocks $12
    - Light Brahma Pullet $10
    - 1 Guinea (Summer '07 hatch) $8
    - 1 White Call Drake $12.50
    - 4 Pekin Drakes $5/each
    All I'm keeping for myself (due to moving) is a quad of Rouens, a pigeon (who thinks it's a chicken) and my broody araucanaX Caroline. [​IMG] I'll have to start all over again.
    Kristi

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  2. Patchofheaven

Patchofheaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Conroe, TX
    Kristi,
    I have a friend that is very interested in your Trio of Barred Rocks. Wendi is just starting out and wants laying hens. She is like me, not really interested in breeding, just wants fresh yard eggs. Please email me back or you can send info directly to Wendi @ [email protected] Maybe you have some "mutt" layers that you want to sale also?
    Thanks, Dana

3. blue90292

blue90292 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    kristi, how old is that light brahma pullet and is it a standard??

4. tx_dane_mom

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    Sorry guys...didn't realize I had replies [​IMG]
    Ok...as far as the trio, no one has claimed it yet, but SADLY it is now a pair...one of the girls walked in w/my dogs (the ONE of my 5 that eats chickens) (I do have another who is preferential to ducks, but anyhow) and so now it's a pair...I'll take $12 for the pair...maybe less if something else is bought.

As far as the Lt. B, she is a standard, and her DOB is 10/24. She was 1 of a trio I hatched...that the other 2 were also (like the BR above) dumb enough to walk into the dogs pen & meet their demise [​IMG]

Gosh...I just can't wait for the new house where the 'bird-un-friendly' dogs NEVER have to be around the birds to be able to eat them....

Oh, and I do have one mixed breed chick, who is about 2 -3 wks old or so and I have no idea of her definate sex, but think she's a girl....if your friend would be interested in her. She was hatched by my broody.

5. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    What color is your guinea? I have two, but started out with three. The hubby says they're nearly as obnoxious as the geese we had, but at least they don't squawk all the time. I'm looking to sell a few birds this weekend and could get it from you. I don't think he'd notice adding one bird. [​IMG]

6. tx_dane_mom

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    It's the blue/purple...not lavender color. I'm no guinea expert. It's been raised to *firmly* believe it IS a barred rock chicken. It's pretty quiet for a guinea, actually. Only makes noise when the 'neighboorhood hawk' flies by, to warn everyone else to run into the barn.
    It's the most common color I am used to seeing, if that helps at all. Sorry I can't be more specific. I have handled it alot since I got it, so it is alot more tame thatn many I have seen, although I wouldn't call it 'tame', as it *is* a guinea [​IMG]

7. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    It's probably a pearl then. If it were any other special color, you'd be able to tell. Mine think their BLRW, but I'm beginning to believe they think they are boss of everyone. [​IMG] I'll get back with you later on today.

8. tx_dane_mom

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    Ok I felt this info was important for those of you considering meeting me. These are the 2 places in Houston I will be on 2/12 (Tues) ONLY, so you can decide where to meet me.
    -- #1--(Possibly as early as 9 a.m. but I am hoping MUCH later...will find out Monday an exact time)
    Long Drive Dog & Cat Hospital
    7327 Long Dr. Houston Tx, 77087
    -- #2 (From 7:30-9p.m.)
    Los Tios (may be Trios?) Mexican Restaurant
    14006 Memorial (corner of Memorial & Kirkwood)

Either place is fine with me to meet, I will have whatever birds are being placed & my great dane with me.
    Kristi

9. tx_dane_mom

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    Here's the update 2/8. I had a guy backout of a sale...so I now have older BRs for sale as well...
    - Lt. Brahma - Claimed by TxChickenRanchers (I think)

- 4 Pekin Drakes (I will GIVE these guys away as they are breeding in w/my rouens and that doesn't make me happy)
    - 1 White Call Drake $10
    - Pair of BRs D.O.B. 11/27 $12.50 (10.5 wks)
    - Pair of BR's D.O.B. 9/20 $15 (20 wks)
    - Trio of BR's D.O.B. 9/20 $25 (20 wks)
    - 1 mixed breed chick 3w-1m old $4 (raised by my broody)
    - Pearl Guinea $8
    Also, I will be @ the vet for 10 a.m. and back again at 4:30-5ish. And of course still the restaurant from 7:30-9pm.
    Kristi

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by