Last post about my little blue egg chick

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mom 2em All, May 6, 2008.

1. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    here in this section- and then Im moving it all to Raising Chicks..
    ready??? [​IMG] [​IMG] It learned how to walk today...and stand..and be a chick. I told it, "Chippy, you have to move out of the incubator. I have to put you with your clutchmate. Gonna make it?" Came home from work and it is running around the incubator- one eye sealed shut and the other deformed. I used a q-tip and moistened the one eye, and then there was no stopping my lil peep.( I have been giving her sugar water from a syringe with no needle. I am still scared she wont know what the water is on her own.)

Dont get me wrong, it still looks rough, but compared to what it did last night- I am very excited. AND most important- she is going FORWARD now, instead of backwards.
    [​IMG]

2. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    Glad to hear this sending prayers your way

3. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Go little chicky! glad to hear there is some improvement.

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I am glad your baby is getting better. You will want to stop the sugar water or you are going to end up with pasty butt issues. After the first day the sugar water works like a laxative. You can give 3 drops of baby polyvisol vitamins each day for a week to give her a good boost. Also for good probiotics and all around pamapering goodness a little plain yogurt mixed with the crumbles would be good for her.

I am glad she has done so well for you. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by