1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

last straw with my boxer

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by gapeachy, Dec 27, 2008.

1. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    I have put with him eating all sorts of poo (goats,chickens,cats, etc) now tonight I had to ride the 4-wheeler to the back of the pasture where he was eating a dead baby goat.... the mother had miscarried....I am at wits end....he is a house dog and he cant stay indside eating all that

2. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

The only thing I can think of is [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. gapeachy

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    I would rehome him but he is my 16 yr sons....he says no...but he is never here taking care of him.....he would never forgive me if I rehomed him

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    well..he dosent know hes wrong....if he finds fresh meat,he'll eat it..its what dogs do..[​IMG]...just let it go......now..if he starts to go after your alive animals...then..you have a problem...[​IMG]..

5. gapeachy

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    I guess sometimes I expect them to act like a human....now I feel bad...

6. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

I have often told my dogs to "stop acting like a dog"!!!

7. mangled

mangled Chillin' With My Peeps

Boxers are just like that. Ours is a rescue and a neurotic mess most of the time. [​IMG]

He eats chicken poo, but I think most dogs will.

Good luck. Boxers can be difficult.
    Em

8. gapeachy

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    Quote:is your boxer an inside dog? maybe I should train him to stay outside

9. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    Yes, eating poop is disgusting and both of my dogs do it. I would worry more about my dog walking in all of that poop and tracking it into the house. This is why my dogs live outside. I also hate dogs who lick me just because of the fact of what they eat and the things they lick [​IMG]

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:LOL..i hear ya!..i think mine are human also sometimes!....but..they still keep licking their butts and giving me kisses...[​IMG]..honestly though..in my opinion..as long as they arent killing things....[​IMG]...just try your best to keep them away from that yuck stuff....although..they will find it anywhere and everywhere...lol..good luck!..[​IMG]..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by