Last Two - White Giant? Barred Rock, Dom or Cuckoo Marans?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by helmstead, Feb 3, 2009.

1. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Here's the one I suspect is a White Giant:

[​IMG]

And the lone barred/cuckoo, I'm guessing Barred Rock - but it could be a Dom too...:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    1. COULD be a white giant...but it should have a greenish cast to it's legs...the legs look yellow or white so I'd look elsewhere.

2. COULD be a Dominique or a Barred Rock. Surest way to know is to look at the comb. There should be a little tiny single comb for a barred rock and a flat "plane" for a dominique.

3. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I'd say the first pic is a white jersey giant chick. My quad looked just like that as babies. [​IMG]

4. Irajoe

Irajoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2009
    South Carolina
    The 2nd one looks just like the Barred Rocks I have in the brooder. [​IMG] Cute as can be...and fiesty!

5. Southerngirl

Southerngirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Here is a two week old White Giant. They have willow (green) legs. I am unsure that yours is a giant.

[​IMG]

6. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    My white giants had dark legs as new babies, but that doesn't say yours isn't a giant. How much white is coming in her wings?

Can you tell what the barred baby's comb is? Single or rosecomb?

They're darling, I'm so excited for you and jealous! I love surprise packages of babies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by