Last Week of Incubation...HUMIDITY!?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by kikidee, Jun 25, 2011.

1. kikidee

kikidee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    San Clemente
    Friday is the due date for my cayuga duck eggs! Can I go overboard on humidity this week, or just the last 3 days? My hygrometer doesn't work very well...so i can't really go by exact percents. I use the hova bator styrofoam still air. It says to fill the middle well and that pretty much works for all breeds according to it. I do that and I have been spraying them twice a week with a spray bottle filled with warm water. I am afraid that they might not hatch due to unsure humidity, so I kinda would like to just put a lot of humidity into it, but Im afraid i'll drown them.. Tips?
    -kiki<3

2. kikidee

May 30, 2011
    San Clemente
    hope i get a reply soon [​IMG]

3. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    How do the aircells look? That is how I judge if my eggs can do with more or less humidity. Towards hatching- the air cell should be almost 1/3 of the whole egg. If they are looking too big now- you could increase the humidity a bit now if you thought it necessarily - if they are too small- then hold off until lockdown.

4. kikidee

May 30, 2011
    San Clemente
    Quote:Some look really big and some look a tad bit smaller.. ill just leave em till lockdown.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by