1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Latch Hook

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Becky89*, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Becky89*

Becky89* Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    pennsylvania
    I am a major Latch Hook Fan I do one to Two giant ones every year. I am currently working on a Wolf Latch hook. I've done some with Deer and Bears and even a Winnie the Pooh one for my little cousin.

Has anyone else experienced the magic and fun of Latch Hook!!!

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Not since I made about 156 rugs back in 1979 and 1980.....

3. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    Is that like the kids that come home from school without parents?

4. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Haven't done one in YEARS - they're super fun to do if you can find a nice picture.

5. Becky89*

Apr 11, 2008
    pennsylvania
    I am having trouble posting the pictures of mine but the minute i figure it out I will show you all five of mine.

6. Ugly Cowboy

Ugly Cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    Corn, OK
    What's this latch hook yall are talkin about?

7. Queen Scoot

Queen Scoot Crochet Chieftess

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    i LOVE doing latch hooks have made quite a few...

8. Becky89*

Apr 11, 2008
    pennsylvania
    A latch hook is where is you have this picture and then you put pieces of yarn and the pat thing to bring out the picture. I'll figure out the picture issue and show you Ugly Cowboy I am sorry if I confused you

9. Ugly Cowboy

Ugly Cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    Corn, OK
    Becky89* :

A latch hook is where is you have this picture and then you put pieces of yarn and the pat thing to bring out the picture. I'll figure out the picture issue and show you Ugly Cowboy I am sorry if I confused you

LOL Oh! Well dont worry about confusin me, I was just wonderin what it was! So it's yarn and stuff? Sounds like somethin my Great Grandma would've done... Is it like knittin?​

10. Becky89*

Apr 11, 2008
    pennsylvania
    Quote:LOL Oh! Well dont worry about confusin me, I was just wonderin what it was! So it's yarn and stuff? Sounds like somethin my Great Grandma would've done... Is it like knittin?

Nope You are given a pattern thing and packs of yarn then you have to knot the yarn where the pattern says to on the picture form. I've made whitetail and wolves and they look so real and wonderful when I am done. I did the Whitetail one for my boyfriend for his birthday and he has it hanging above his bed in his dorm appartment with our picture attached to it in the corner.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by