Late blizzard conditions for the Yankees

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mjdtexan, Apr 5, 2009.

1. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    I was watching on the news this morning that some of the Yankee states are still haveing blizzard conditions this late in the year today. I bet thats gonna hurt some gardens. That darn global warming!!!!!!!

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I don't know if you consider central Kansas Yankee territory, but we had over a foot of snow last week-end and it's snowing and blowing again this morning. I've often times had some of my garden in already, but not this year.

3. mjdtexan

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    Na, Kansas aint no Yankee state. Good state, Kansas. I heard this moring that Georgia (nother good state) is going to suffer a huge loss on its peach crop this year due to global warming, wait I mean global freezing, wait I mean climate change, wait, I better call Mr Gore and ask him what it is this week.

Shame about those Georgia peaches, thats gonna drive the cost up on my peach wine making this year. [​IMG]

4. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    It's not time to plant even the cold weather veggies until mid-April here. Watching all the snow coming down, now I wonder if we'll even be able to do it then. [​IMG]

We've had snow for 5 months, now. So much for 4 seasons...

5. swampducks

swampducks Overrun With Guineas

Feb 29, 2008
    Barton City, MI
    Dang I thought this was going to be a thread about the baseball time so I could bash them! [​IMG] It's gonna be worse in the middle of the country than in original Yankee territory. Temp here in MI made it to 49 today, already starting to drop. drat

GO RED SOX!

6. mjdtexan

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    Quote:Go Astros

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by