late hatchers .....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by adorable, Mar 28, 2008.

1. adorable

adorable Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2007
    near ottawa ontario
    Hi
    This is my first hatch this year.I had 2 incubators. when the eggs were 1 and half weeks old, I tranfered them over to a bigger incubator that i bought. SO far i had a early bird hatch one day before everyone else. I had about another 12 hatch on the same day. But now i have about another 10 or so. NOt hatched. They are all good that i know of. These are rir. So hard to candle. I do know some can be late ones. But how long should i wait ?(days)no pipping or rocking ect.

2. ebonykawai

ebonykawai Chillin' With My Peeps

It won't hurt to give them another day or at least 12 hours. What day is it, technically?

3. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi there!
    I have had 4 hatches this year and MANY last year. Anyways I am having the same problem with my own eggs not hatching this batch. I am on day 24, and my first one pipped today. I consulted a lady about it and she said that my temp was too low. I have did what the instructions said and measured the temp from the top of the egg. Now I am measuring from the middle and like I said, today one FINALLY pipped! Best of luck to you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by