late hatchers....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kerrysmommy, Jun 29, 2011.

1. kerrysmommy

kerrysmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2010
    My house :]
    hi i have late hatchers and wondering if there is like a hint tht they would be hatching in a day or two........when i was looking at my eggs i noticed a line on a coupe it wasnt a crack just a plain pure white line is that a sighn of wear where they have been pecking? ithere hasnt been any peeping but they move when we candle them.....plzz helppp

2. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    Is the line the air cell?

3. FeatheredObsessions

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    If they move when you candle them they should be good to go. Make sure humidity is high and don't open the incubator a lot

4. kerrysmommy

Mar 15, 2010
    no it is not the air cell its acculy at the end oppisite the air cell where the chicks come out (the small part)

5. FeatheredObsessions

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    The chicks usually come out the fat end where the air cell is. That is why you put them pointed end down in the trays.

6. FeatheredObsessions

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    Just before they hatch if you candle the eggs you can actually see the chicks head and beak in the air cell pocket poking around the edge of the egg where is is pipping

7. kerrysmommy

Mar 15, 2010
    okay well i will candle them when my mom gets home tonight i have the eggs in a little thing my mos friend told us to do while he gets the incubator from his basment and lets us borrow it its under a heat lamp and he said it should work because they are soo far into the process they are at 23 days

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by