Late hatching??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SuzieMaree, Sep 29, 2016.

1. SuzieMaree

SuzieMaree Just Hatched

Sep 28, 2016
    So, on the advice of a friend I bought an incubator off ebay... I really had no idea what to buy! I bought a 48 egg incubator.. its a clear plastic box with a control panel housed in the a yellow lid... if that helps identification! Anyway, I put in 21 mixed breed chicken eggs. By day 10 I pulled about half out as they were not developing when i candled them. I have doubts about one of my roosters... they were mostly his! That left me with 11. On day 21 the first chick hatched! yay! then nothing for a whole day... day 22 two more hatched late in the day... day 23.. one more hatched.. and one more pipped through shell... still waiting... HOW LONG DO I WAIT??? By now I realise i should not have trusted the thermometer on the incubator to be properly calibrated.... assuming its too low?? I checked with another themometer and it registered 37.4 C when the incubator thermometer measured 37.8 C. This is my very first time... I'm sure I worried less over delivering my own babies! need sleep!! and HELP... any advice appreciated.

2. SuzieMaree

SuzieMaree Just Hatched

Sep 28, 2016
    [​IMG]

This is my incubator... Please tell me its not a dud! just cant understand why hatching is so staggered... 21 - 23 days.. and still counting.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by