Late June Hatch along

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by missred871, Jun 25, 2010.

1. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    Well, I know there are two June hatch a longs going already but I figured its too soon to start a July Hatch a long so I will probably be all alone on this thread but I just ogt my BRAND NEW HB today with a fan kit and awesome thermometer and hygrometer (all together) along with an automatic turner. Normally I just use a broody. This is my first attempt at hatching with a bator. I am regulating the temp in the bator right now and setting will hopefully start on Friday. I am sooooooo excited! I have nearly 100 quail eggs to set. About a dozen button and all the rest are courtinx eggs. SOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED! Anyone else setting this late in June?

2. DaiquiriDuck

DaiquiriDuck Out Of The Brooder

Aug 23, 2009
    Wales
    Awesome all the best with your new incubator, though watch out, they are addictive. At the beginning of this year I bought an Octagon Eco, I now own a novital 24 and 54 aswell!!

You will be hatching a week earlier than me but I am hatching soon too so I thought I'd join in with yours [​IMG]

I have due in about a week - 6 cuckoo silkies, 6 WC Polands, 6 cuckoo marans,
    Due in 2 weeks - 8 IR ducks

I have also just set (due in 3 &4 weeks)
    6 Lemon pekins, 6 lavender Pekins, 6 black mottled frizzle pekins, 6 mixed silkies, 12 Seramas (my favourtite) 12 Sultan eggs, 6 mixed ducks (cayuga, crested etc), 6 turkey eggs, 6 khaki campbells

I think thats it, i probably forgot someone!!
    Im so excited too!! Keep me posted I LOVE QUAIL *crosses fingers*

p.s. hello everyone, sorry I havent posted in ages, I finished my degree and moved to Wales so have been busy!

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    my broody had six eggs and was due today.

Out of the three out, 2 dead, 1 just hanging on.

I'm buying day olds at Pratts tomorrow to put under her.

It got up to 113 yesterday... forecast is for 111 today.

hope they make it.

4. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    Quote:Well its really too bad you live in Wales! I could use a duck or two LOL. I still have one but I started with a pair and one of them was caught by a fox that I have yet to put a cap in but I am working on that though, I pity the fool that comes after my poultry LOL. anywho, thanks so much good luck to you too! I cant wait to get mine on. I had to wait another day since I couldnt get my incubator down to the proper temps yet. I am getting very very close though so hopefully by tomorrow they will be ready to go into the bator! YIPEEE!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by