Latest 'cheap' coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by KDbeads, Dec 6, 2009.

1. KDbeads

KDbeads Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2009
    East Central VA
    No money other than nails and a set of bolt cutters was spent on this coop. Every single bit is recycled from construction sites. Still working on a front to the coop portion, have to find hinges so I can open it! Hubby is setting the heavy scalping screens next to the sides right now for extra critter proofing. The screens will be temporary. There will be 3 of these coops when we are all done, just one more to go, and they will sit side to side to house my EE's, NHR's/Mutts, and silkies. Next I have to round up another feeder and waterer.

Before I could even get the floor of the coop set in place the ee's were trying to roost on the 2x4's. They've been jumping up and down for an hour now.... think they approve!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    great job! isn't it hysterical when they know it's for them and they get so excited??? Mine were trying out the nesting boxes while we were still using the screw guns over their heads. we had one little girl who sat ON the screw gun and watched my daughters work.

3. chickeydee

chickeydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2009
    very nice and what a job .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by