Latest day, chick hatch

pek

Songster
10 Years
Nov 26, 2009
Rhode Island
I have a few peeping eggs in the incubator on day 25 and was just wondering if people could post their latest chicks hatching DAY, because I don't want to kill them but it is kind of irritating. Thanks!

Last edited:
What's irritating? :) I had an egg hatch on day 24 last time - and some hatched on day 19 and 20, too. Peeping eggs are always thrilling. Good luck!
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
those are the cutest things i have ever seen!
jumpy.gif
love.gif
what day did they hatch on?

Yesterday.

how long were they the incubator for?

Quote:
Yesterday.

Most hatched on day 20 but a couple hatched out this morning on day 21, but it also depends if you count the day you set your eggs as day 0 or day 1. If you start at day 1 then it would be day 21 and 22.

Last edited:
Quote:

Most hatched on day 20 but a couple hatched out this morning on day 21, but it also depends if you count the day you set your eggs as day 0 or day 1. If you start at day 1 then it would be day 21 and 22.

yeah... but im on day 25 or really 24 (i started at day 1) do you think i should keep them until when? they are peeping so i know they're in there

I would leave them alone as long as they are making noise. I had 3 chicks zip and not progress past that. I could see one's beak moving. I finally helped it out and it looked so twisted my husband asked me if he 'should take care of it'. We decided to leave it till morning and it turned out to be fine. I left the others alone until the following day. Finally opened one egg and that chick had died. Picked up the last egg and it started chirping like mad. That chick turned out to be ok as well. Lots of people on here say dont help chicks hatch. If they stop making noise you could help one out and see what happens. At some point you have nothing to loose. Oh, and it was day 2425 when all this happened. Good luck and best wishes for you and your chicks.

Back
Top Bottom