Latest jumbo egg another double-yoker.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Ken H, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Ken H

Ken H Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    The last 3oz. + egg was another double joker. I am going to have to identify her. I would like to get her bred to a Brown roo to try to carry on that trait. Here's a picture of the double yoker compared to a normal large egg. The smaller egg is 2.1 oz.

[​IMG]

2. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

3. Im4dabirds

Im4dabirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    Central Alabama
    I've got one that lays those too. I'm not sure which of my girls it is, but she lays about every other day and it's a huge double yolker. She's been laying for about a month now. Hope it continues. The other two still lay soft and/or weird shaped lumpy ones.

4. honeydoll

honeydoll Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Stark County, NE Ohio
    I have a red sex link that lays a jumbo double yolker two. One was so big I actually was a little worried it might injure her. But all mine are still doing fine. I want to single mine out too. I thought about confining each hen at different times to try to find out the one doing this. I wonder if that would stress them out and cause no egg laying in the morning. I am going to eventually sell some of my hens but want to keep me jumbo double yolker girl. Any ideas how to do this?[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by