1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Lathargic hen

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Muzzleblast, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Muzzleblast

Muzzleblast In the Brooder

Feb 16, 2009
    TEXAS
    I've noticed one of my hens being very lathargic the past couple of days. When I entered the run today I walked all around her and she never moved. She lays there and nods off like she can't stay awake. I don't see anything wrong with her physically. Any ideas what the problem may be?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009

2. ryansmommy83

ryansmommy83 In the Brooder

Mar 8, 2009
    southern california
    im having the same problem with one of my hens I have her inside the house in a box with food and water and im constantly watching her, i posted a question asking the same thing so im hoping maybe someone will answer your post !

3. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Songster

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    i recommend you seperate her and give her some quik-chik or something similar. perhaps in a barn or shed or somewhere kind of warm. best of luck, i hope she pulls through [​IMG]

also, watch her very carefully, she may have contracted something that the other chicken's haven't so the separation is necessary. in a hutch or a small pen would be reasonable.

4. Muzzleblast

Muzzleblast In the Brooder

Feb 16, 2009
    TEXAS
    I just went and brought mine in as well. Her comb is pink and not red like the others.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by