Lathargic hen

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Ole rooster, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Ole rooster

Ole rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    I don't where this should go so till it's moved I'll try here.

I have a GLW that came with the rest of the chickens and she's been one of the better one I got. But within the last 2 or 3 weeks she's been acting a tad strange. She was one to the larger one, now she seems small. I don 't know if she has been outgrown by the other of she's shrinking. The wife even said she looks like she's losing weight. She's not a spunky as she used to be, not a forceful to come get treats as she once was. She is standing back from the others like the BO did just before she went broody. Just on a thought, is she getting ready to set or you think there is something I should check on with her?

I wormed her with Wazine when I did the others and she passed round worms.

She almost seems shy, where where I've never seen that from her before. But the biggest thing I've noticed is losing weight, or at least it looks that way.

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I'd worm her with Valbazen as it kills all types of worms. Wazine will only kill roundworms and chances are she's got other types of worms in there. A high load of worms will cause weight loss and can even kill them.

3. Ole rooster

Ole rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    Thanks. That was next on my list.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by