Laundry, anyone?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Lothiriel, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Folding the laundry is my favorite thing to do. Housework-wise. [​IMG] But I think I may be a little weird with it because I organize it before folding and then fold in a methodical manner. Like if I am folding the whites/lights, my method is:
    1. Dump it all out in a pile.
    2. Separate all towels to the right, clothing to the left, and socks/underwear back in the basket.
    3. Fold the clothing.
    4. Separate the socks/undies into piles of who they belong to.
    5. Match the socks and fold the undies (yes, I fold the undies... [​IMG])
    6. Put each person's pile neatly on top of their clothing pile.
    7. Move on to the towels.
    8. Bath towels first so they go in the bottom of the basket.
    9. Hand towels.
    10. Washcloths.
    11. Napkins.
    12. Kitchen towels.

Colors/darks are no big deal... Just fold each item as it comes out of the basket and put it in its proper pile.

Does anyone else fold their laundry methodically? Or is it just me being weird? [​IMG]

2. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    wanna come to my house? i will make a nice big pile of laundry [​IMG]

3. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Can I bring my CD? And have it turned up so I can sing all out with it? [​IMG]

4. tntblake

tntblake Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    Wichita, Kansas
    I'm not as quite bad as you. I have a certain way to fold towels, socks, and t-shirts. If anyone helps me fold and they do it differently then I have to go back and redo it. It took a long time to train my husband!

5. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I love hanging laundry on a clothes line. I got a new set of lines this summer. I have seven lines, with the one in the middle just a little lower. It the line I can hang the undies on so that the neighborhood can't see my panties. I don't need any neighbors doing this [​IMG] when spotting my panties. I normally will fold the laundry as it caoms off the line, but getting the laundry folded and put away out the dryer is another story. [​IMG] I have finally learned how to fold a fitted sheet. It took me most of 40 years to figure it out. It didn't hurt that DH learned how to do it about 5 years ago. He looked it up on Oprah's web site. [​IMG] DH now does a lot of the laundry. That works out for me. [​IMG] Unless he does't wash all the clothes. [​IMG] There is no reason to do twice as many loads.

6. Olive Hill

Olive Hill Overrun With Chickens

Apr 19, 2009
    My husband does it like that. Drives me BATTY. He makes the job so much longer and more complicated than it needs to be.

Just get it done and move along, for heaven's sake. There are more chores around here than there are people and hours; don't be wasting time, man! [​IMG]

That said, it doesn't make me batty enough for me to want to do it myself so mostly I just mumble all of the above to myself and leave the room so I don't have to watch it happening. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Olive Hill

Olive Hill Overrun With Chickens

Apr 19, 2009
    Quote:[​IMG] Did no one ever tell you? Unmentionables are not to be hung outside. Inside only. [​IMG]

8. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    Quote:Do I ever have a job for you. I keep my laundry fresh, by leaving it on the couch, and turning the pile over, every few days. Those socks always go to the bottom.

9. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    [​IMG]

Where do I sign up to join the club? I'm the same way. [​IMG]

10. Nicki

Nicki Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:I can't STAND folding fitted sheets...I'm still learning how to do that LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by