Laundry Horror Stories

BayCityBabe

Songster
11 Years
May 1, 2008
This morning I discovered that there were pieces of eggshell in my clothes dryer. No worries, I thought. After all, I often grind up eggshell and feed them to my girls. Some must have stuck to my coop clothes. Not the case! When I removed my coop jacket from the dryer, tons of eggshell fell from the pocket. I must have washed the jacket - along with a pocketful of eggs. Funny thing: the entire load was fresh smelling.
big_smile.png

Anyone else have a laundry story to share?

when i was about 19 i left a lipstick in my pocket. it made it through the wash fine, but MELTED all over the clean clothes and the dryer. my mom was livid.

after that i started checking pockets religiously...

as you all know, i couldn't give up lip goo!

My husband worked for Burger King for nearly 15 years before he met his brillant wife who got him out of the fast food industry and into USPS and a Movie Theater...
Anyway, those were the WORST clothes to wash, those uniforms from the resturant. The greese NEVER comes out no matter how times I washed in hot, HOT water and anything you wash with them comes out smelling like fries as well!!!!
I swear he walked around smelling like a french fry for months after he left there. I remember gagging everytime he came near me when I was pregnant with our first child. Poor guy.

my aunt always said she hated reaching into my cousins pockets before washing, she never knew what she was going to find. salamanders, worms, frogs...

we have a rule in our house, if you leave money in your pockets the wash lady gets to keep it.

I quit doing laundry about 4 months ago...I only do MY own laundry now. The 3 girls and DH run out all the time and I just shrug my shoulders and say thats such a shame you all do not have time to do your laundry. I went on strike and they still do not get it...it has been 4 months of laundry everywhere....but I do not care. DH finally started doing the laundry and quickly realized that walking up and down 2 flights of stairs with 15 - 20 loads of laundry twice a week is a HUGE task. Then folding, ironing, and putting it all away takes another 4-8 hours. He has now pledged to install a stacked laundry in the upstairs bathroom.

WE will see....I've got plenty of clean laundry for myself!
wink.png
They all refuse to help me and DH made the mistake of telling me it was MY JOB~! He went to work this morning with NO socks on and it sure was cold in NH this morning!
lol.png

Really sad thing is that I finally break down and do it all....and then NO one helps me and then it all runs out again and this vicious cycle starts again and again.

Quote:
some show I was watching lately had the mom folding the clothes into a basket for each kid to take to their own room and put away
lau.gif
aint reality great

I just spent three days doing laundry. We have one entire basket of unmatched socks. Now that y'all have offered up your protest stories, I think I will just match my own socks & go on strike.

My grossest laundry story just came to mind: When DS was a toddler, DH changed him out of a poopy diaper & wee-tiny bluejeans. DH put the jeans in the laundry w/o turning them inside out. Guess what mess was lurking in those jeans? Yeah, buddy! That load of laundry had to be rewashed THREE times!

My DH is as many of you know in the army. He just bought a new set of ACU's wore them a few times and told me to wash them. I forgot that he always keeps the inkpens, pen and marker on the left sleeve(where thery belong because there are pockets for them). Anyways i threw the tops bottoms and three T-shirts in with pens and all. I took them out and all the laundery had ink stains that i never got out. I mangaed to ruin about 100$ worth of new ACU stuff.

Not so much a horror story as a funny: I only do my and my fiance's laundry the kids are on their own. Well my stepson washed his sheets and an I Heart Beer shirt with a red t-shirt.

Nothin says manly like a pink beer shirt.

Back
Top Bottom