Laundry room hatch

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by laadeebug, Aug 24, 2011.

1. laadeebug

laadeebug Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2011
    Ok. So I am still fairly new to trying to hatch eggs in an incubator. I have read up so much on hatching and incubating and whatnot and tried different things, but I am having NO luck. So maybe I am missing something else.

I just finished another batch with no success. This time I tried half of my own and three different batches of eggs from different sources, I got off ebay. I figured that at least one should hatch from one of us!

This time I tried the dry method that was discussed here on byc. I candled at about 8 days and all looked fertile and good except for maybe two. (taking into consideration I am still new at this). The temperature has remained steady and humidity was at 70% from day 18 at which time I took out the automatic turner. I read that I was supposed to just leave them alone from this point and just watch the humidity and temp. Today is the 24th which is also day 24. I candled some of them last night and it looks like most developed and just stopped at a certain point.

Does it have to do with the humidity going up too fast at the end or ?

Also, I do have the incubator in the laundry room because that is the only place in the house that maintains a reasonably consistent temp. My dryer screeches like crazy when it runs and the incubator does always have a constant hum from the fan. Not sure about blaming the noise but I thought I would just throw those in there for thought!

Help! I feel like a moron!

2. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    Where is the incubator? On top of the dryer? maybe the shaking disturbed the eggs?

3. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    I had the same problem when I started out. Then someone wise came me some very good advice...... Follow the instructions that came with the incubator. After you learn you can try other ways. Give it a try. Good luck, Michele

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by