lav Ameraucana

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by miss heny, Feb 15, 2011.

1. miss heny

miss heny Genetic Expert in learning Premium Member

lav Ameraucana are to die for [​IMG] i was looking at the breeders and i saw the lav Ameraucana pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Lav birds are pretty, but I prefer blues. Probably because they are darker birds.

3. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Those are very nice looking Lavs as of the color, I often see more dull colors on the Ameraucanas. I am looking for some chicks or hatching eggs, I would like two pullets this Spring, but it's hard to find any that aren't so expensive as you can see from the latest auction.

4. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Quote:I hear talk that they are the new "fad" chicken breed/color. Like the marans were a while back.

5. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Quote:I hear talk that they are the new "fad" chicken breed/color. Like the marans were a while back.

Yes, I have also noticed that, in 2011 alone I've heard so much more of them and their genetics. They are great.

Look at us, so hip, the new fad chicken color! [​IMG]

6. miss heny

miss heny Genetic Expert in learning Premium Member

Yes, I have also noticed that, in 2011 alone I've heard so much more of them and their genetics. They are great.

Look at us, so hip, the new fad chicken color! [​IMG]

i found those pics online

7. E.M. Silkies

E.M. Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2010
    Georgia
    It really is funny to me how we get crazed over colors and breeds for a while then they become popular and everyone moves on to something else! I would love to have some of these lav's. Heck I just want some ameraucanas!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by