Lav/blue Orpington Roo, Golden Lakenvelder Roo, Barred Rock Roo FREE!!

NatalieB

Songster
10 Years
Jun 27, 2009
Ashby, MA
I have 3 Roo's born Dec 3, 2009----

Blue/ Lavendar Orpington Roo-- He has 98% white shafts and a few black--think that makes him a slpit --I am not too good with trait stuff. Really sweet handled by my small kids. He is going to be huge. I hatched him and got the eggs from Gabbard Farms.

Golden Lakenvelder Roo--Super sweet-- Will be really pretty bird. I hatched him and got the eggs from Gabbard Farms.

Barred Rock Roo--Sweet bird. I hatched him and got the eggs from Gabbard farms.

Willing to Drive to meet you. I am in central Massachusetts.

35463_001.jpg

35463_006.jpg

Your lakenvelder looks to be a pullet, if it was a roo his comb and wattles would be red and getting big .
Just like your orpinton roo.

I agree! and the black would be more apparent on the neck. Here's a pic of one of mine, 4 weeks:

14596_img01289.jpg

14596_img01291.jpg

Granted, mine has no tail, that's unimportant
smile.png

My roos all have had very apparent and pinkening combs by 5 weeks, with some wattle by then. These are easy to sex early.

Last edited:
Well cut of my legs and call me shorty!! I think I will keep her! LOL Thank you all for your input!

I guess it is just a Orpington Roo and Barred Rock roo!!

Thank you!!!
lol.png

The little Orpington roo is totally gorgeous........I'd take him in a heartbeat if I had a way to meet you!! I'd also take the Barred Rock roo......Gabbard Farm has beautiful birds!! I always check their website. I have both a Splash Orp and a Barred Rock pullet who are,as of now, solo. Have a greaty night!
Kathy in NY

I would have taken all three! They would all have a flock of hens waiting for them here (except the Barred rock, he'd have a single BEAUTIFUL hen who has just molted
wink.png
she looks SNAZZY!!)

The Orp would have Three BIG FAT girlies
wink.png
Golden that is
wink.png

And I suppose the Lakenvelder, if it were a roo could hang out with my two other roos and the four hens... or if it were a hen, she'd have two men
wink.png

Too bad you live far away
sad.png

What do buff orps and blue/lav orps make???

I am soooo bad at genetics/coloring............not my forte. maybe someone will know
smile.png

How come everyone who wants them live sooo far away! LOL Murphy's law!

Back
Top Bottom