Lav orpington chicks auction

marquisella

Crowing
10 Years
Jan 30, 2009
10 straight run Lavender Orpington chicks. These are project still, but showing great promise. I've put in just a "touch" of English so the resulting chicks should be nice & "fluffy" with good type.
All my adults are wide bodied, have good type and are the friendliest chickens I have ever owned, bar none! I am increasing my home flock even if they will be egg layers only. I love to look at them, and they lay about as well as my leghorns...which seems almost impossible, but I have loads of eggs & chicks to attest to that! LOL

If the winner would like to pick up the chicks at the NE Poultry Congress January 14th or 15, that is ok.
Otherwise, the shipping with box & heat pack is $40. I will send extras.

Note: this shipping will depend on the weather here in the North East. As long as its above freezing, they are good to ship with heat packs.

If you have questions, please Pm me. I'm happy to talk chicken!

Quote:

I don't have good close up photos, but the outstanding thing about them is their depth & breadth of body. Big, Big birds.

thumbsup.gif

woot.gif

Quote:
Sure, I live in Vernon, NY. Am going to the NE Poultry Congress next week, could pick up there if its closer.

Last edited:
Quote:
Good question....I bought mine from 2 different sources last year. I know that one source who is local added some English so she has had them for a while, and the other I got them from Rockinnpaints who was selling them here.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yeah, know how that goes....LOL I tell mine " well, you eat the eggs, right?"

Back
Top Bottom