Lav Project hatching eggs PA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by hinkjc, Jan 15, 2009.

1. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
  2. magsrags

magsrags Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    What a beautiful rooster and such cute chicks. Nice work!

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I have to say this to myself everytime...I do not need another color, I do not need another color, I DO NOT NEED ANOTHER COLOR!!!!!!! Unless it's Jubilee! [​IMG]

4. Livinzoo

Livinzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Statham, GA
    Katy I'm with you on having to remind yourself that you don't need another color. I keep seeing these gorgeous lav birds and keep saying I want but I don't need!!! Ahhh!!! I'm starting my own project as soon as I get everyone laying.

5. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Quote:Yes you do silly! [​IMG]

6. Clay In Iowa

Clay In Iowa Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Near Wilton Iowa
    Quote:But Lavender is so pretty... [​IMG]

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:Yes you do silly! [​IMG]

Well, maybe a laced orp too! [​IMG]

8. WiseChicks

WiseChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    I would be interested in some lavender orps, either eggs or chicks. PM me with your price and when you'd have a batch available. [​IMG]

(I sure hope I get my farm..... the homestead is gonna get crowded!)

9. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Any chance of offering Lavender roo/Split hens eggs? With only a dozen eggs and both parents split, plus hazards of shipping, odds are really bad for getting what you want, and all others are "unknown splits" which would force exponential costs in breeding unknows to unknowns to try to get lavender... I guess if a person could pickup local it may be worth it, but shipping combined with double splits seems like REALLY long odds to get anything useable.

10. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Clay is right Katy..lavender is so pretty. [​IMG]

Wisechicks - I will put you on the list. At this time we are only posting a couple auctions for lav X split and split X split.

onthespot - the lav over split hen eggs were up for bid last week thru earlier this week.

Percentages can vary alot on the split to split eggs. Our average right now is 29% lavender chicks.

As far as number of eggs, that really varies. I only state 12+ because I have to see how the hens are laying. I always send extra if possible as long as the hens cooperate, or I may throw in extras from the lav X split pen to increase their odds.

Fertility is proven on these eggs. Both at home and via shipped. I am confident whoever gets them will have a good result.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by