lav x porcelain = what color?

Quote:
Porcelain is a combination of Lavender dillution and Mille Fleur color/pattern (if I remember correctly). In other words, imagine a Mille Fleur, but wherever you see black, change to gray...and wherever you see gold, change to lemon (basically). Breeding the two will give you the same results as breeding Black X Mille Fleur, except with the addition of the Lavender gene. You won't get a "more lavender looking porcelain" because porcelains are already Lavender.

Since I'm still a "chicken-genetics work-in-progress" I'll have to wait until Illia wakes up to find out if I'm correct.

big_smile.png

I thought porcelain was lav and isabella? Not into the color, and for sure am not a genetics whiz!
lol.png
So, c'mon Illia!

Quote:
"Isabel" is essentially a lavender diluted buff.
Porcelain is essentially a lavender diluted Mille Fleur.
Pearl is essentially a lavender diluted Mottled.

Chris

Quote:
I believe that you will get Self Blue ("lavender") fowl, some will be split for pied/mottled others will not.

*Split= Carrying the gene but not showing it.

Chris

Quote:
Ha Ha! I am into the color but not a genetics whiz either. I just wait and see what pops out and say "Oh thats pretty"

Quote:
I believe that you will get Self Blue ("lavender") fowl, some will be split for pied/mottled others will not.

*Split= Carrying the gene but not showing it.

Chris

this is correct... you'll just get more lavenders... but all of them will be split to mottled... they will also have the Ee^b locust... so some might have a bit of brown leakage... but not a lot... they will also be split for columbian... or at least coco+...

it all mater what u call porcelain
but u well get verations of porcelain because the buff gene is still there may be a lavender if ur lucky

Porcelain is either "Mille Fleur" or Isabel Mille Fleur (lav + mille fleur/spangled)

Lavender x Porcelain, assuming you mean Isabel Porcelain = A bunch of Lavender birds with lots of random leakage, penciling, etc.

Lavender x Porclain, assuming you mean a Mille Fleur type spangled bird = A bunch of black birds with lots of random leakage, penciling, etc.

Isabel usually refers to Lavender/Self-Blue diluting the gold color of a bird.

Back
Top Bottom