Lav X White??

klf73

Mad Scientist
14 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Maine
What happens when you do a lav over a white? I know everyone uses black X lav, and I am being lazy, not wanting to look up genetic traits right now
tongue.png

Anyone know?

Krista,
If the white is recessive and covering black you will get all black chicks.
If the white is recessive and covering any of the wild colors you will get all wild colors.
If the white is dominate you will get either white or the color it is covering.
You will only get lavender if the white is also a carrier but that is about 99% not possible since Lavender in LF is not very common. The only LF Lavenders that you may be able to find are OE Games and they are scarce. Most lavenders were upgraded from bantams which are available but still hard to find unless you go to Ideal Hatchery. They carry several different bantams that are either self blue or porcelain.
Remember to mark all of your chicks from the lavender X any other breeding so not to loose the trait and sell the wrong chickies. Good luck, hope the Lavender is beautiful. Harry

Quote:
I apologize before hand, but this is fairly offensive to admittedly say you are lazy and dont want to research your own breeding project. It's not fair to those of us in the world who DO take the initiative to complete our own research. JMHO....

Quote:
I apologize before hand, but this is fairly offensive to admittedly say you are lazy and dont want to research your own breeding project. It's not fair to those of us in the world who DO take the initiative to complete our own research. JMHO....

Ok, how's a longer version. I have 6 kids (including a 2 yo with autism) I am extremely beat today because my dh has his Natn'l Guard drill this weekend and I really know so many knowledgeable people here are willing to share what they already know, ie-Harry. I frequently help people and really just had a fleeting thought as I am trying to decide what to do with some white birds I have and just wanted a little help back. I was just kinda kidding. I really don't have the time to sit and research genetics while dh is not here because my 10 mo doesn't sleep well, besides, as stated before, I'm tired
wink.png

Does that help any?

Thanks Harry! I promise I will try to get some of those pics posted soon! I have them in their own brooder so I can keep track of them and will be banding them.

Well I am very sorry to hear that things have been so rough for you today. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little easier. Everyone's fighting some kind of battle, some big and some small. And we appreciate your husbands service!

What color would a lavender x partridge silkie look like? I couln't find anything about it. I have a silkie chick that hatched that should be carrying the gene, but I can't distinguish it among the other 8 chicks!

i have met krista and she is one busy lady. i wonder when she has time to sleep. by the way krista. the 8 chicks you sold me are doing great! the 5 older ones are living with my buff orpington very successfully. thanks again

That's great to hear! I'm glad it worked out. You will have to let me know what gender those silkies end up being
wink.png

Krista

Back
Top Bottom