1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lavander Silkies question

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Stef82, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Stef82

Stef82 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2012
    Bucks County, Pa
    I got a trio of very nice lavander showgirl silkies. Paid a good price for them. But my question is, how much are lavender showgirl silkies worth these days? I've seen prices online for almost over $25 a bird up to $100 a bird. I paid $75 for an adult trio. Very lovely birds. They laid eggs and now I have 4 fertile eggs cooking. When or if the chicks hatch, I'm not sure what to price them.

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    all depends on your area and the quality of the birds

3. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    post some pics as well as quility, area, and demand are all part of pricing chicks

4. Stef82

Jul 19, 2012
    Bucks County, Pa
    Ok. The pictures I have aren't very good. They have HatTrick in there line and Clover field farm (Laura). They are show quality and have won smaller shows, but never went national.
    Female in molt. Lavender showgirl
    [​IMG]

Here is another one. Again the pictures are horrible.
    [​IMG]

Here is the roo. He's a lavender and he's just beautiful in person.
    [​IMG]

Here is one of the chicks that just hatched. it's a lavender as well
    [​IMG]

The second chick that hatched is a lavender showgirl.

5. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Oh, they're just ADORABLE! OMGosh! I'll also say it depends on your area. Take a look on Craigslist and compare. In my area, one can sell Silkies from a BQ/SQ flock for $10-20 ea (I paid $20 ea for 4 week old chicks, the nice lady I got them from sold her day old chicks for the same price, then bumped her price another $10 after they were 4 weeks old). Here breeding birds were lovely (I spent almost 3 hours at her house the first time I went, I was literally in HEAVEN). Anyway, I had a very hard tine finding good quality stock in my area, so that's what I was willing to pay. And I've never regretted spending that much on them, bc they are beautiful. So, check around your area and gauge it from there. Good luck :)
    Nikki

6. Stef82

Jul 19, 2012
    Bucks County, Pa
    Thank you Nikki! I've looked on CL and local ads and don't see anyone else selling lavenders. I think I might be the only one around here selling them?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by