Lavender Ameraucana Bantam Roos Free to good home

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by rachgwen, Jan 23, 2014.

1. rachgwen

rachgwen New Egg

Jan 23, 2014
    We have 2 Lavender Ameraucana Bantam Roos free to good home. Raised by our broody hen and are 7 months old. So far they are pretty docile but shy of humans except when you give them mealworm treats. We have a Silkie roo already and 3 roosters are too much for our small flock. They are handsome and small and like to crow and perch. We are located in Chicago area. Pics available upon request. Thanks! -Rachel

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  2. Chrysolinsbirds

Chrysolinsbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2013
    Merced county, CA
    are you adverse to shipping? I'm in CA..

3. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

[​IMG]

To bad you are so far away [​IMG]

4. Chrysolinsbirds

Oct 9, 2013
    Merced county, CA
    =( I'm going to keep looking for a roo for my lav am bantam pullets they are at pol only one egg so far though, a lovely pastel blue/green =) good luck

5. rachgwen

rachgwen New Egg

Jan 23, 2014
    Hi! I could look into shipping, I've never shipped animals. :) I still have them, sorry it took a while to post.

6. Chrysolinsbirds

Oct 9, 2013
    Merced county, CA
    I'd love to get them please let me know =)

7. rachgwen

rachgwen New Egg

Jan 23, 2014
    Hi! I checked into shipping. Would you be willing to pay for the shipping? It is a little steep, I'm not sure it it's worth it to you. The box I would get for them would be $23 and the shipping for Priority Express would be $40. So it would be like $63 to ship them to CA, and I would probably have to wait a couple weeks for it to warm up a little over here, it is currently too cold for them to be mailed. I'm not sure how risky sending the birds would be, but I would try it out. I totally understand if you'd rather find some local boys for your ladies. :) I really appreciate your interest in my dudes. Thanks! ~Rachel

8. KilnChick

KilnChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2013
    Kiln, Ms
    Hi Rachqwen, I would def be willing to pay the shipping! Providing the other doesn't. Will you send me pics please! I have 3 bantam hens that need a prince or 2. I live in Kiln Mississippi and spoke to my post lady already about shipping and she would even personally deliver to me. Let me know please if I'm not to late?
    Thanks, Patches

9. rachgwen

rachgwen New Egg

Jan 23, 2014
    Here are some pics of the boys![​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG]

10. FLF

FLF Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Portersville
    Very pretty! They appear to be Ameraucana, though, not Araucana. Would be super for someone with some black females.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by