1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lavender Ameraucana Breeder egg ?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by mustangsaguaro, Jun 23, 2011.

1. mustangsaguaro

mustangsaguaro Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    San Martin, Ca
    For those of you who have bought eggs from Ameraucana breeders in the past I am curious what is your hatch rate like. In otherwords how many eggs were shipped to you, how many made it to lock down and how many that made it to lockdown actually hatched? I am specifically looking for those that have purchased Lavender's or Lavender split eggs and who was the breeder your purchased from. Need to know the breeder so I can contact them for egg pricing. I want stock from different sources as I don't want to in breed. If you have any negative feedback would love to hear it. But if you'd rather not post negative info in the forums please PM me privately w/ your experience.

I have spent a small fortune this year on eggs and having some good and some bad luck. Right now my 8 week old Lav's that I have, originally I think 10 lav eggs were sent to me and I ended up having 5 hatch. I think that is actually pretty good for shipped eggs. And right now I have eggs in the incubator from a different breeder than the ones that are 8 weeks old. I originally got 13 eggs. 8 made it to lockdown. And I had to throw away 2 today (at Day 20) they were dead so that leaves 6 left. Of the 6, I only have 1 pipping w/ the other 5 I am thinking are dead as I don't hear any chirping coming from those eggs or movement. It's quite a disappointment. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what. This breeder told me if I ended up w/ a bad hatch she'd send me more eggs. At just the price of shipping I believe.

Next year I planned on starting breeding them well from my 5 8 week olds it appears they are all pullets. I'm just hoping that this one which is pipping ends up being a male. I need a male.

I'm not sure if I put this thread in the correct forum so my apologies if it's in the wrong place. Wasn't sure where to put it.

Thanks

2. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Last year I ordered lavender eggs from pips&peeps. She did an awesome job packaging and I had a great hatch rate considering they came from Washington state and Im in Ga. I cant remember what the over all hatch rate was but I was very pleased.

3. mustangsaguaro

mustangsaguaro Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    San Martin, Ca
    Quote:Yes, my 5 8 week olds I hatched are from her. I think I sold 2 or 3 as I had a mixed color of eggs from her 10 lavenders and then 6 B/B/S. She packages really good and out of 15 eggs that were sent I think 6 or 7 hatched. A few years back I had ordered I think it was silvers and blues from her and got a really good hatch then.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by