Lavender Ameraucana Chicks

Discussion in 'Chicks 1 Day to 8 Weeks Old' started by johnderosa1, Jul 12, 2015.

1. johnderosa1

johnderosa1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2012
    NJ
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have 5 lavender ameraucana chicks available for pick-up this week in Hunterdon county NJ. Excellent bloodlines. These chicks are 3 days old and unsexed. The parents of these birds consistently produce nice offspring without any surprises. They will provide you with excellent foundation stock. These are the last chicks I will be hatching from this pairing for the year so if you've been looking to add some lavenders to your flock this is a good time to do it.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  2. Eggdicted2014

Eggdicted2014 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    Your Lavender Ameracaunas are beautiful..
    Was wondering if you sell and ship hatching eggs?

I grew up on Long Island and now reside in TN.
    I had several Ameracaunas and lost my entire flock to a bobcat 2 weeks ago and trying to start over (-1 Bobcat of course).

Please let me know if you do sell the hatching eggs from them, and your price.

Shipping would be to 37020 zipcode.

Thanks in advance,
    Victoria Martinsen

3. PoultryQueen101

PoultryQueen101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2014
    Middle-East Ohio
    If only we didnt have a ban Id be asking for egg shipping too! We are starting to keep more pullets from our own flock and dont want a load of inbreeding going on. We could find a new cockerel if only this ban was lifted. :/ I understand it though. Gorgeous blue eggs! Nice and round too. Ours are more ovaline and pointy and slightly more green. Our EE lays better blue eggs!

4. waddles99

waddles99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2013
    NJ
    I am very interested! Sent private message.

5. Red Riding Egg

Red Riding Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2013
    Northwest NJ
    Hi there - Did these beautiful chickens sell? We'd love some of your chicks. :) I'm in Warren Cty.

6. Redeemed

Redeemed Chillin' With My Peeps

I no longer have any lavender Americannas I gave them all away because they did not produce the correct blue eggs. I was very dissapointed the eggs ranged from light green to white.

7. johnderosa1

johnderosa1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2012
    NJ
    It is important that you get them from the right source. While the egg color I get isnt perfect, my birds produce the egg color you see in the picture above. Never had a green or white egg from any of them.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  8. waddles99

waddles99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2013
    NJ
    When I bought my americauanas they showed me the eggs that the parents were laying. They aren't as nice as the ones above, but they are very much blue and not solid white or green. I think it is unusual to get such blue eggs so these chicks are very appealing :D

9. kristalb

kristalb Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2015
    Hello! I know this post is a little old, but wondering if you might have any hatching eggs this spring 2016 for sale? I live local so would be able to pick up. Love the color of your birds, and want a few more blue eggers this spring.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by