Lavender Ameraucana : Guesses on age? Quality? Etc.

BlossomSilkies

Crowing
13 Years
Jan 29, 2011
Niles, MI
This is a picture of my Lavender Ameraucana. I purchased her from the Padilla's in Goodyear, AZ, they are breeders and are members of ABC. She is supposed to be about 6 months old now (I've had her a few months).

Her legs are very long. She doesn't seem to be filling out like I would think she would be at this age. Wondering if she may be younger than I thought.

What do you think about her? She is a HER right? How is her color? Any comments/critique is appreciated.

Thank you!

78433_aaa_lavender_004.jpg

78433_aaa_lavender_002.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Well she's definately a splash. At a first glance at the picture I thought that she was a he but you said she was laying. What color are the eggs? If she is 6 months I would think she would be filled out and I find it odd that a 6 month old Ameraucana is laying. I find that they lay much later. If I were you I would pull out her wing and look at the area around the tail. if there are stringy long feathers then you she became a he. and that would explain the lack of filling out.

Quote:
Well she's definately a splash. At a first glance at the picture I thought that she was a he but you said she was laying. What color are the eggs? If she is 6 months I would think she would be filled out and I find it odd that a 6 month old Ameraucana is laying. I find that they lay much later. If I were you I would pull out her wing and look at the area around the tail. if there are stringy long feathers then you she became a he. and that would explain the lack of filling out.

i say it boy tooo

Quote:
No, she isn't laying yet. oh boy, I hope she isn't a boy.

I believe that is what you have. That would explain the long dinosaur teenage Ameraucana legs. He seems to be of nice quality and seems to have a nice tight comb. PLUS good splashing.

Back
Top Bottom