Lavender Ameraucana : Guesses on age? Quality? Etc.

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by KristyAz, Jun 26, 2011.

1. KristyAz

KristyAz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2011
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    This is a picture of my Lavender Ameraucana. I purchased her from the Padilla's in Goodyear, AZ, they are breeders and are members of ABC. She is supposed to be about 6 months old now (I've had her a few months).

Her legs are very long. She doesn't seem to be filling out like I would think she would be at this age. Wondering if she may be younger than I thought.

What do you think about her? She is a HER right? How is her color? Any comments/critique is appreciated.

Thank you!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  2. chickendales

chickendales Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    Quote:thats a splash not a lavender

3. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    Quote:thats a splash not a lavender

x2

4. chickendales

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    ameraucana take long time to mature

5. chickendales

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    [​IMG]

6. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    Quote:Well she's definately a splash. At a first glance at the picture I thought that she was a he but you said she was laying. What color are the eggs? If she is 6 months I would think she would be filled out and I find it odd that a 6 month old Ameraucana is laying. I find that they lay much later. If I were you I would pull out her wing and look at the area around the tail. if there are stringy long feathers then you she became a he. and that would explain the lack of filling out.

7. KristyAz

KristyAz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2011
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    Quote:No, she isn't laying yet. oh boy, I hope she isn't a boy.

8. chickendales

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    Quote:Well she's definately a splash. At a first glance at the picture I thought that she was a he but you said she was laying. What color are the eggs? If she is 6 months I would think she would be filled out and I find it odd that a 6 month old Ameraucana is laying. I find that they lay much later. If I were you I would pull out her wing and look at the area around the tail. if there are stringy long feathers then you she became a he. and that would explain the lack of filling out.

i say it boy tooo

9. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Splash roo.

10. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    Quote:No, she isn't laying yet. oh boy, I hope she isn't a boy.

I believe that is what you have. That would explain the long dinosaur teenage Ameraucana legs. He seems to be of nice quality and seems to have a nice tight comb. PLUS good splashing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by