1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lavender Americana

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by cindyf74, Aug 7, 2013.

1. cindyf74

cindyf74 New Egg

Aug 7, 2013
    I have a Lavender Americana every 28 hours she acts like she is going to lay . . I am not sure but I think she did lay one egg, but since then she stands on the roost outside the laying boxes and screams, some times she goes in and looks around and if someone else is in there she really raises a racket. I live in the city limits and really shouldn't have chickens so I try to quiet her. Other than this her behavior is normal. She doesn't seem to be in pain. Any suggestions would be helpful.

2. leetfreq925

leetfreq925 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Ipswich, MA
    i have a chicken that does that and i, too, am in city limits. i don't know what to do with mine, either! she is so excited and proud that she has to lay an egg that the whole town, including animal control, MUST know. i would be interested if someone has a solution for this, although i'm guessing it's just the way they are.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by