Lavender and Black/Split to Lav. Project Orpington Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Tony, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Tony

Tony Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2008
    Connecticut
    14+ whatever extras are layed between now and shipping day.
    These eggs are out my 2 Lavender roosters, 2 Lavender hens and 6 Black/Split to Lavender hens.
    I have hatched many lavenders from these birds.
    Eggs will ship on Monday 12/7/09 with confirmation and tracking number.

Parent Stock (Ignore black roo in front, he`s long gone from this pen)
    [​IMG]
    Offspring from above birds.
    [​IMG]

2. DaKid

DaKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Berkley , Ma.
    WOW , They look great
    but I though that TRUE Orpington had yellow feet .........not black or grey feet by the looks of your pic.they seem to have both black and grey feet, are you sure they not a cross breed.

But they do look great ,wish I had the room in my 2 bator, they are full right now

3. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:I am pretty sure Orpington's have white feet rocks have yellow feet. But I am not expert.

4. Tony

Jan 16, 2008
    Connecticut
    Thanks DaKid,
    These are Project orpingtons as said in the title of my post, though very close to being called "true" orpingtons, these birds still need a bit more work.
    None of the colors of "True" Orpingtons have yellow feet, you are thinking of Plymouth Rocks. Thanks, Tony

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  5. leghorn dude

leghorn dude Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2008
    Conroe tx
  6. DaKid

DaKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Berkley , Ma.
    leghorn dude
    Today 9:05 pm for black orpingtons..... SHANKS AND TOES: Black in young, shading to dark slate in adults; bottoms of feet and toes, pinkish white. from http://www.unitedorpingtonclub.com/standard.htm

Thanks for the link and infor .

Tony

Thanks DaKid,
    These are Project orpingtons as said in the title of my post, though very close to being called "true" orpingtons, these birds still need a bit more work.
    None of the colors of "True" Orpingtons have yellow feet, you are thinking of Plymouth Rocks. Thanks, Tony

Thanks for the reply Tony ,
    I really like the blue in your roo's do you get the same color blue in the hens also, I see mostly Black hens in the pic.
    maybe after the holidays I'll e-mail ya to see if you have any hatching eggs on these by that time my bators should be empty .

Thanks Alan​

7. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Orpingtons do NOT have yellow feet. If it is yellow it is something else. Many buff rocks get mistaken for buff orps. Drives me a bit nutty.

Orpingtons should also have a 5 point comb. (This is one thing with my splashes that kills me. Splash roos usually have ugly combs - nothing like my blues beautiful combs.)

I have 2 lav orp roos and 3 lav orp hens and a couple split black hens. They do have semi-nice combs. Which surprised me. From what I can see the comb on the far back roo in your photo looks nicest. I wouldn't breed the black roo if possible since you already have the lav roo and lav hens.

8. Tony

Jan 16, 2008
    Connecticut
    Yes DaKid, the females also hatch out lavender, if you look at the picture of the adult birds, the lav rooster facing to the left, closer to front of pic, has 2 lavender hens at his chest level, they are practically side by side. PM me when you are ready for eggs, we can set something up. Thanks

Hi MissPrissy, the black roo is longggg gone, he became someones dinner around mid-summer time. Both of the lav roos you see in the pic are my main guys, I have about 40 lavenders growing, rangeing in ages from 2-4 months old. I`ll eventually pick out 2 or so of the best to replace the big boys. I have at least 10 to choose from. So that should be fun. lol
    As far as splash orpingtons, my blues have yet to give me a splash, my blue rocks hatch a good number for me, always pullets though. But the orps just won`t give any up. grrr!!! lol

Take care all, Tony

9. fancbrd4me02

fancbrd4me02 Chillin' With My Peeps

Those birds are fabulous! Are they of the same sweet temperment as Buff or other Orpingtons?

10. mamawolf544

mamawolf544 Unbreakable Heart

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    [​IMG] I have 20 of these beautiful chickens eggs in my bator right now.
    On day 8 I have 19/20. You cant beat that with shipped eggs.
    Thanks again Tony ! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by