Lavender Araucana, Lavender Super Rumpless Araucana Rooster

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Shaffer, May 19, 2008.

1. Shaffer

Shaffer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    To who can appreciate a super looking quality bird must go to the following site: Crested Breeds Club of Australia under the Araucana page.
    Super looking Lavender Rumpless Araucana cock bird, wait till all the pictures boot up because for some reason this is usually the last photo to download. Enjoy the unusual. HS

2. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    The female I'm not so crazy about but that Roo OMG He's something to look at for sure!

3. Ace_king_brahma

Ace_king_brahma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Castroville, Texas
    Those look like just EEs and ameruacanas to me. I also felt some misinformation was put on that website but then remembered araucanas have different standards they go by in other countries.

4. fowltemptress

fowltemptress Frugal Fan Club President

Jan 20, 2008
    From reading your topic title, I thought the bird was somehow extra rumpless. I wasn't sure how that would happen, unless he was missing his vent or something [​IMG]

5. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  6. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    I have to agree with Charlie. Thye are still neat looking birds though.

7. Shaffer

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    Charlie,
    Yes he does look similar to my Manx Rumpie X Silkie crosses that I gave to my friend. He definately had a serious breeder behind him to make such a beautiful bird as the results.
    I would love to have one like that in my breeding program for my project of UK look-a-likes.
    I will have to wait and see what hatches this weekend as far as my Lavenders go. I am hoping for several pullets but as you know that does not always happen.
    I sold myself short this past weekend for pullets and probably won't sell too many till the fall unless they are only for egg production. HS

8. wilds of pa

Harry dont get me wrong.. those UK/AU Araucana are nice but thereS alot to them..crest,tufts and muffs and beards and then i think four toes if im not mistaken plus rumpless Plus maybe egg color...Thats whole lot going on in one bird in my mind...Hard enough to just get tufts/rumpless/egg color/skin color here..LOL You know.... [​IMG]

your friend on the other side of the Mountain..[​IMG]
    Charlie

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  9. Shaffer

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    Charlie,
    Really the tailed variety of the UK Araucana is a lot easier to breed than the US Araucana. They also breed true so you have a better chance of getting a show specimen if you were to show them there. As you know I am not interested in showing because of the chances of picking up something at the show. Harry

10. wilds of pa

Yup i agree with ya Harry, You know, you've been messing around with poultry for a long-long time...

Id love to show, maybe one day...However It is very scary what you see and here about at some shows..they are testing for the wrong things in some states...

No NAIS~it will never work.....

Charlie

Last edited: May 21, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by