Lavender bantam Cochin pair

catwalk

Songster
10 Years
May 19, 2009
Up for grabs is one of two lavender Cochins I hatched last September. Out of a dozen eggs, two hatched, both boys. One is available now, and I'll likely offer the other one in the fall, after I've hatched a few offspring from him. I can't really tell them apart, except that one is a little bigger than the other. I'll get pics of both of them Tuesday, barring emergencies. They are both very laid back, and they get along with other birds well. They enjoyed the outdoors for the first time yesterday. The Seramas showed them their favorite dust-bathing spot, and everyone got into it! The cockerel that you choose will be accompanied by a typey little black pullet, hatched around Christmastime. Shipping will be actual cost, around $50, and can be arranged anytime weather permits, within two weeks of auction end, preferrably. I'll get pics of the prospective pullets Tuesday as well. Before being shipped, these birds will be bathed, buffed, fluffed, sprayed, dusted, clipped, etc.

Last edited:
Here's individual shots of the boys. The first one is banded 260:
31816_img_0585.jpg

The other one is banded 258:
31816_img_0587.jpg

And here's an example of one of the pullets that might go with him:
31816_christmas_pullet.jpg

A 4-H'er is coming next week to choose a few of the blacks for her project, and the pullet will be chosen from what's left. Any of them would improve on the type of the lavenders.

Back
Top Bottom