Lavender Cochin thread !

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by DANNY, Sep 27, 2010.

1. DANNY

DANNY Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    GAINESVILLE, GEORGIA
    I just wanted to see who is working on Lavender cochins and their progress. Here is the progress we have made this year. They still have a lot of work to do but this one is much better than what we started with. So if anybody else is working on them I would love to see pictures. Also anybody interested please chime in.
    [​IMG]

2. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    I used to have a lavender cochin but I lost her this summer. I am hoping to get some more as I love the lavender coloring! I'm sure you'll get alot of great feedback on your coloring! Looks great so far! [​IMG]

3. PhoenixFeatherFarms

PhoenixFeatherFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Mooresville, IN
    I'm working on Bantam Lavender and Bantam Mottled Lavender Cochins. I have tons of black split for lavender chicks running around.. Lol I have Two Lavender Roosters. One is over two nice black hens and the other is over a black mottled pullet. I also just bought pure lavender eggs as well from Covered Bridge Poultry so should have some lavender chicks running around soon too. I will post pics later [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  4. WA4-Hpoultrymom

WA4-Hpoultrymom Never enough coops...

Feb 5, 2009
    Monroe, WA
    My Coop
    Danny, BEAUTIFUL!!!

We are trying to get into them, but we only had one Lav cockerel hatch this spring. I have a bator full of BBS cochins now, hoping for some nice black pullets to breed with him.

I'll be watching this thread and hope to be able to add to it in the future!

And, if anyone has some nice split black pullets available near me, let me know!

5. PhoenixFeatherFarms

Apr 11, 2010
    Mooresville, IN
    Heres my Lavender Cochin Rooster that is over two black hens.. He is on wire so his foot feathering is a bit ratty at the moment.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Chicks

[​IMG]

6. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    A friend of mine has Cochins and i know he LOVES the lavender coloring - is this project mainly in the bantams - or is anyone trying the large fowl?

7. PhoenixFeatherFarms

Apr 11, 2010
    Mooresville, IN
    Too bad I'm not close I have a load of black split lave chicks running around.. Don't know if they are pullets yet or not tho.

8. PhoenixFeatherFarms

Apr 11, 2010
    Mooresville, IN
    Inkheart. I haven't seen any in LF and I myself am just working on Bantams. It will be interesting to see if there are LF.....[​IMG]

9. WA4-Hpoultrymom

WA4-Hpoultrymom Never enough coops...

Feb 5, 2009
    Monroe, WA
    My Coop
    I thought I read on the Lavender Orpington thread someone had cross bred a LF cochin with a Lav Orp to get a project going. I am also working on the Lav Orps. If only there was a enough space to do them all!!!!

10. jt673

jt673 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2010
    Hi! I have 6 that just hatched and 3 that are working there way out. Does anyone have pictures of the chicks coloring? Pale silver with yellowish bellies right? This is my first group of lavender bantam eggs.

Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by