Lavender Cockerel ?

I found this previous thread so looks like a Lavender Orpington X Barred Rock would produce dark colored birds not Lavenders . Yes, they will be sex linked, and yes, you will be able to tell the difference.

The pure Lavender Orp chicks will look, well, just like Lavender Orps.

The Lav Orp X BR chicks will produce pure black female chicks and heterozygous, dark Barred male offspring. At hatch cockerels will have a white dot on their heads. None will be Lavender; this is because the Lavender gene is recessive and will not show when only found in one copy. They will of course all be split for (carry) the Lavender gene, and so if bred back to Lavender or another Lav split, they will produce some Lavender offspring as well.

I found this previous thread so looks like a Lavender Orpington X Barred Rock would produce dark colored birds not Lavenders . Yes, they will be sex linked, and yes, you will be able to tell the difference.

The pure Lavender Orp chicks will look, well, just like Lavender Orps.

The Lav Orp X BR chicks will produce pure black female chicks and heterozygous, dark Barred male offspring. At hatch cockerels will have a white dot on their heads. None will be Lavender; this is because the Lavender gene is recessive and will not show when only found in one copy. They will of course all be split for (carry) the Lavender gene, and so if bred back to Lavender or another Lav split, they will produce some Lavender offspring as well.
That’s all correct. Though I don’t think your rooster is a lavender orp mix.

Back
Top Bottom