Lavender Crele

Pics

ChicKat

Free Ranging
11 Years
:frow Hi BYCers,

Not 100% sure where the best place for this thread is. So it's in "pictures and stories".

We did explore the path to create lav crele, ---> How this line of Lavender Crele was made <--- That thread will be the basis of an ebook (cookbook) thanks to Kiki who extracted the parts that were used to invent this line. (you can click on the above underline, or right-click and open in a new tab)

Also we have a thread under genetics on how to improve our lavs. --->Improving Lavender Leghorn-based breeds <--- Now since we are pretty rare, 94% of the 19 voters have said they have seldom or never see these types of birds. (you can click on the above underline, or right-click and open in a new tab)

This thread is more our continuing journey - not as genetic. Not problem-solving/trouble-shooting for plumage problems-- more of our day-to-day observations, requests to you for your opinions, and perhaps some paths for you to join our quest.

Along with myself, there are others who have Lavender Creles. I have a small and currently very stable flock -- and Miami Leghorns has some hatched chicks, and the Moonshiner has an adult trio--- but they are, last I heard being slackers. (Bad girl Iris).

Although started in the same roots as ours, another branch (distant cousins?) of the Lavender Crele family is CJWaldon's Opal Legbars. CJ doesn't frequent BYC much anymore, alas. I'll put in a link to her website. Not only does she have lovely birds, but also she has tremendous talent as a photographer. You can reach her website with this link: ---> Link to C.J. Waldon's Opal Legbars <<--- Don't see her as much on BYC and hope she got the message I sent --- She's done a great job.

So from Concept way back in 2017 to the reality of our vision, we have these Lavender Crele birds.

Stacked chickens.jpg

Had to snap this quickly before they moved away. Both on the ramp to the little house and in the background an egg -- instead of laying in the nesting box where it belongs, right on the floor of the chicken hut. Both have nice lavender coloration and distinct markings (barring - and pattern for duckwing. You can notice the pale salmon/pink of the hen's breast and the diluted red on the male's shoulder.

Back
Top Bottom