Maleficent265

Songster
Jan 8, 2018
I have what I suspect is an upcoming ayam cemani rooster... I have zero experience in breeding and wasn’t sure if there was a way for me to breed lavender fibro Easter eggers? If anyone has advice or tips, please let me know.

I was thinking breeding him with some lavender ameraucanas but kind of felt like IT CANT BE THAT SIMPLE! Like I said I have zero experience. Please don’t make fun of me. 🤣

If anyone has ever played around with Ayam Cemanis and breeding, please let me know if there’s some other fun crosses I can do! 😁

@Maleficent265 Look at dragonfly farm nc com . Look for laced blue bells. CemanixBBS americauna cross. They have very nice birds. My source for olive eggers, blue birchen marans, and cemani so far. They do take bio security seriously so no chicken visits but the have a ton of pics. Another ramble sorry.

I have what I suspect is an upcoming ayam cemani rooster... I have zero experience in breeding and wasn’t sure if there was a way for me to breed lavender fibro Easter eggers? If anyone has advice or tips, please let me know.

I was thinking breeding him with some lavender ameraucanas but kind of felt like IT CANT BE THAT SIMPLE! Like I said I have zero experience. Please don’t make fun of me. 🤣

If anyone has ever played around with Ayam Cemanis and breeding, please let me know if there’s some other fun crosses I can do! 😁
I do not have experience breeding Ayam cemanis, but do breed silkies, another fibro breed. You can breed your Cemani rooster to lavender ameraucanas, but the chicks will all be black and carry the lavender gene. If you cross a cockerel of this crossing back to its lavender ameraucana mother (or another lavender bird), then you will get some lavender birds. You can also cross siblings of this cross and get lavender birds, as both will be recessive for lavender.
Chart below may help explain it.
As Ayam Cemani lay white eggs, and purebred Ameraucana lay blue/teal eggs, pullets of this cross will lay a lighter shade of blue/teal. I think you are looking at a several generation project, but others have done so, so not impossible. Good luck! 🙂
Lavender Breeding Chart.png

I do not have experience breeding Ayam cemanis, but do breed silkies, another fibro breed. You can breed your Cemani rooster to lavender ameraucanas, but the chicks will all be black and carry the lavender gene. If you cross a cockerel of this crossing back to its lavender ameraucana mother (or another lavender bird), then you will get some lavender birds. You can also cross siblings of this cross and get lavender birds, as both will be recessive for lavender.
As Ayam Cemani lay white eggs, and purebred Ameraucana lay blue/teal eggs, pullets of this cross will lay a lighter shade of blue/teal. I think you are looking at a several generation project, but others have done so, so not impossible. Good luck! 🙂 View attachment 2617338
Am how long am I able to breed relatives? If that makes sense... at what point is that too taxing on the gene pool? I kind of think I want to do this project... IM NERVOUS. Should I not??? I hatch casually... I’ve never actually taken on a breeding project.

what is fibro

As Ayam Cemani lay white eggs, and purebred Ameraucana lay blue/teal eggs, pullets of this cross will lay a lighter shade of blue/teal. I think you are looking at a several generation project, but others have done so, so not impossible. Good luck! 🙂 View attachment 2617338
Also could I get them to breed true?

what is fibro

I’m not the one to be asked this because I COULD be using the term incorrectly. But Ayam Cemanis and silkies have black skin? I am pretty sure that’s what is referred to as fibro.

You are correct fibro is short for Fibromelanistic which means the birds have a large amount of melanin in their skin and bones. Examples of this are Silkies and Ayam Cemanis as well as the Swedish chicken, Svart Hona.😊

Back
Top Bottom