Lavender Orpington crosses

May 9, 2020
Clark County, KY
They are still very young but looks like at this point it’s 3 little roosters out of our 4 straight run Lavender Orpingtons. I would have much rather had buff Orpingtons but the other is what was available and of course the were a little more expensive than the more common breeds. Has anyone crossed LO roosters with BO hens? What about LO x Black Australorps or LO x New Hampshire’s ?

I have a Lavendar Orphington Rooster and I am going to be hatching eggs from Buffs. Anxious to see what they look like.

I do have to say this is the nicest rooster we have EVER had. He loves my kids... He loves his girls! He is not overly protective if the chicks that come from him has his demeanor I will be thrilled!

Last edited:
They are still very young but looks like at this point it’s 3 little roosters out of our 4 straight run Lavender Orpingtons. I would have much rather had buff Orpingtons but the other is what was available and of course the were a little more expensive than the more common breeds. Has anyone crossed LO roosters with BO hens? What about LO x Black Australorps or LO x New Hampshire’s ?
I can ask Emma if she has done LO x BO. I know currently she’s doing Black Orp Roo x LO and vice versa. She’s had Orpingtons since she was a young child in England, so I’m sure she’s done what you’re asking.

8j.PNG

The dark gray chick is LO and barred rock.

Emma says: Lavender Orpington rooster with a buff orpington hen will give black chicks. These will not be "black Orpingtons" as such because Buff Orpingtons have white legs/beaks and that will come through in some of the chicks.

I have a Lavendar Orphington Rooster and I am going to be hatching eggs from Buffs. Anxious to see what they look like.

I do have to say this is the nicest rooster we have EVER had. He loves my kids... He loves his girls! He is not overly protective if the chicks that come from him has his demeanor I will be thrilled!
I hope they do have the gentle demeanor!!

Back
Top Bottom