1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lavender Orpington Enthusiast

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by KKluckers, Jul 25, 2008.

1. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    I just found this a while back, but there is a breeder of lavender Orpingtons. I think it was Dilly who posted someone back in 07 had five lavender chicks. They are on the Orpington Yahoo group and there is pictures. I must say they are awesome.
    There are also diffrent colours. Really pretty birds!!

If you want the link PM me privately

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2008
  2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I am a member of that group. I don't remember seeing any lav's. Got a link?

3. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Look under English lane poultry (in pictures) Kevin and Krys, I think they are the owners of the group. If you do a search for lavenders they talk about their lavender chicks. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2008
  4. SandyAcresPoultry

SandyAcresPoultry Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2008
    Very Interesting. I will have to join so I can contact and see if they are selling off any chicks yet.
    Thanks this is soooooooooo exciting.

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I have seen their threads. I had presumed they were across the pond.

I think they won't be selling until 2009.

6. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Quote:No, they are in the states. I dont know when they will be selling any, any time soon?
    Edited to add:
    They said there breeding pens were not set up yet....but maybe they might have some next year. That would be exciting!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2008
  7. SandyAcresPoultry

SandyAcresPoultry Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2008
    Quote:I am waiting for approval on that group. I am confused you posted this and then say you don't think they will be selling till 2009.

8. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

O yes, i hope they do sell as id love to get some different blood to add to our lines. They really look like great birds..

By the way we should be selling some in 2009 to..but they will still be project lavender orpington birds for who ever wants some when the time comes..hope to have split pairs and maybe even full blown lavender orp project birds available..For sure eggs will be ready to..

Remeber they are project birds and will need work to get them perfect.
    We want to make sure this project survives and others have a chance to work on them as well.. [​IMG]

As from what i know there is work to be done still on the ones in the UK also.

So with that said, nobody has perfect Lavender orps yet.. We are working towards it ourselfs..

Charlie

9. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Do Lav's hatch out of Blue/Black/Splash Orps? I have one that is a light lavendar color, but doesn't have any splashing or anything.....I'm wondering if that's a Lav one? Or maybe just a super-light splash, with no splash? [​IMG]

10. Homegroanacres

Homegroanacres Chillin w/the Ice in my Glass

Apr 10, 2008
    Salem, Oregon
    Quote:I am waiting for approval on that group. I am confused you posted this and then say you don't think they will be selling till 2009.

Ok NOW I'm confused [​IMG]

Who are you saying said they would not sell until 2009? [​IMG]

The OPer said they did not know anything about selling till 2009

Oh how I hate brain fade [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by