Lavender Orpington gender (+ Gratuitous chick pics)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by catchthewind, Mar 1, 2011.

1. catchthewind

catchthewind Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Vancouver Island
    These are six-week-old Lavender Orpington chicks. The breeder was pretty sure they are both pullets but couldn't guarantee it. I have absolutely no idea how to tell, even after reading lots of threads here (though it sure is fun to see all the chick pictures!). Anyone want to venture a guess? I know it's too early to tell for sure, but just for fun. [​IMG]

LO 1

LO 2

Is it okay to share pics of the rest of my chicks? These ones were apparently feather sexed and should be pullets, though reading here now I see that that is not always very accurate. They're only two weeks old so still have a while to go to know for sure.

Dorking x

This one was from a mixed flock, but has extra toes so the breeder said she must be Dorking x.

(Stupid question of the day: Is it okay to hold them upside down like that?)

EE 1

EE 2 - This one is my three year old's favourite, so I hope she is a pullet. [​IMG] She's standing a bit funny because my daughter had just poked her.

2. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    could go wither way on the orps, but seems awful thick legs for 6 weeks...might have to put my vote in for boys.....check back in a couple weeks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by