Lavender Orpington Pair- POL (SE TN) no ship

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Goose and Fig, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I have a point -of- lay pair of lavender project orpintons for sale. Both birds are lavender. The roo is part Dick Hortsman stock, and the pullet is from Wildhorsefarm in NC. He is 6 months, she is 5 months or so. From what I can tell they do NOT have the mottling gene, that is why I am selling them. Type is good on the roo, still soon to tell on the pullet. If you pick up you can choose from 2 siblings. Sorry, I am keeping all my blacks and splits at this time.
    We're in SE TN 1 hour north of Chattanooga, 1 hour south of Cookeville, 45 West of Dayton. you can mapquest Fall Creek Falls state park or 37327.

[​IMG]

The fence is actually making a pattern over the roo in this pic. He's not really checkered. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also have chicks available in a seperate listing. Lemon Cuckoo and BBS.

2. Chicken_Pauper

Chicken_Pauper Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2011
    Southern California
    What is the complication or implication of NOT having the molting gene?
    Thanks.

3. Goose and Fig

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Quote:Some early Hinkjc lines have shown a possibility of mottling that not everybody wants. I actually want it, and only plan to use birds that show it in juvenile feathering. These did not, and are not related to the ones I have that do.

Forgot to add- *May consider trades*

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  4. dixieland

dixieland Blue Eggs by the Bushel

Oct 7, 2007
    Carthage, TN
    Quote:Yes, that seems to keep getting both of us into trouble!!!!

5. Goose and Fig

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Quote:Yes, that seems to keep getting both of us into trouble!!!!

I know- so much for downsizing! [​IMG]

6. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    [​IMG] so wish you could ship! Think I will file a complaint with the PO for our area for not being set up so we can ship in and out of tree easily. So not fair. [​IMG]

7. Goose and Fig

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I wish I could too. I think if they do end up closing some of the POs, ours will be one of the first to go. Not like I am crazy about the place though- you cannot even buy a stamp after hours! For 2 counties!

8. feathers&lace

feathers&lace New Egg

Oct 6, 2011
    would love to have these and I am coming to East Tn for Thanksgiving holiday if you could hold them....

9. Goose and Fig

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    feathers&lace :

would love to have these and I am coming to East Tn for Thanksgiving holiday if you could hold them....

Oops- I replied to your email before I saw the post. I will gladly hold them with a partial deposit.​

10. Goose and Fig

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Looks like they don't have transport room, so these great birds are still available [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by