Lavender Orpington Project eggs Pa

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by wilds of pa, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

2. newchickenmomma

newchickenmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Frankford, NJ
    are you the same person I have driven to before? I have to remember how far you are [​IMG]

NM lol, too rich for my blood now [​IMG] beautiful though

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  3. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

newchickenmomma, are you from NJ?? I think i remember you but its been sometime ago when you were here if this is who i think you are..

Wilds

4. newchickenmomma

newchickenmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Frankford, NJ
    yes was awhile ago, If I am thinking right, were you the one with the goat? or the call ducks lol I can't remember

5. lildinkem

lildinkem Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hi
    I tried writing you folks on EBAY where you have listed your eggs. I am the guy wondering IF these are ORPINGTONS?
    You never replied to my question. That was several days ago. Are these REAL ORPINGTONS and NOT an Australorp? Without a reply makes me fear that you are not really selling Orpingtons. And that would be a great disappointment to a true fan of Orpingtons.
    I hope you can give me a reply before your auction goes off tomorrow
    thanks

6. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    The only question I received was from "Bill" and it was answered immediately via email. Are you Bill?

These are project birds as the auction states. Yes, we used black Orpington in our breeding, however they are not "pure" as it is a project and it takes many years to be able to claim pure stock after introducing new genes. There are no pure Lavender Orpington in the US. Thank you for your inquiry.

7. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Bill, I see you just sent the question again. Would you like me to forward the email response I sent on 4/16? I'm not sure why you didn't get it, but maybe your email sent it to spam. Let me know. I'd be happy to forward it again. Thanks for your interest.

Thanks Tina..you're very sweet! [​IMG]

8. lildinkem

lildinkem Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hi
    No I did not get the Email. I just checked my deleted mailbox. And there nothing sent to me on the 16th.
    I do appreciate your reply. I am interested in Orps. Even project birds.
    I have a few projects myself. I am in line for some of Terry's Buffs in the fall. I have some of Doug's pullets and a cockerel, and am working on introducing Heather V's line into them. I have a few Blacks, and not at all hesitating crossing a Doug bird into the Blacks. His are the very best Buff's I can get for pullet, and like your project type to me is more important then color. It will take 5 generations to get a Buff line from this cross. But the genetic diversity will be very healthy for the breed without introducing any other breeds of chicken.
    All my birds are purebred Orps, and I strive to stregnthen, without compromising the integrity of the breed.
    I appreciate your time and reply
    thank you
    Bill

9. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    This auction is over. A big thank you to the bidders. The winner was a BYCer! [​IMG] I will leave it up to them if they want you to know who they are and I'm sure they will share the details of their hatch and chicks. I wish them much success with these eggs! [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by