Lavender Orpington Roo - No Shipping - PRICE NEGOT.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by gootziecat, Jul 26, 2011.

1. gootziecat

gootziecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2007
    Hampshire Co, WV
    Abner is 1 year old and sweet as he is pretty. He's good with his girls and loves people. He runs to greet you. If you want a roo that's good with the kids, he should be a good candidate. I don't have kids, but I never worry about him. He's hatched from a Hinkjc egg, so he has nice lineage. His color is yellowish because of the sun. Once he moults out he will be lavender as you see on his wings and chest.

I'm selling him because I have no other Orpingtons and I'm not particularly interested in breeding lavender. He was previously sold and the lady was moving and I took him back.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  2. colster10000

colster10000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2010
    ham lake
    he isnt a lavender......they have more of a steely color then orange

3. gootziecat

gootziecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2007
    Hampshire Co, WV
    His "brassiness" is due to the sun. He will be totally lavender once he moults. e was just beginning to get sunburned in this picture. As you can see, he isn't orange.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  4. Mama2B&D&...Chickens

Mama2B&D&...Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    Plant City, FL.
    he's SO pretty! really wish we were closer to WV [​IMG]

5. aarronh

aarronh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Meadville, PA
    I've noticed that my light brahma bantams are getting sunburnt, as well as my white silkies. This summer in particular has been hard on the birds' feathers. Too bad shipping wasn't so cost prohibitive - I bet you'd have people all over this stud! Nice looking boy!
    Quote:

6. CharlesTownWV

CharlesTownWV New Egg

Aug 2, 2011
    How close are you to Charles Town, WV? Great looking Roo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by