Lavender Orpington Thread

Pics

OrpieLover31

Crowing
7 Years
Nov 5, 2012
Earth
Just thought it would be interesting to start a thread about Lavender Orpingtons! So whoever has Lavender Orpingtons, and have some pictures of there very pretty birds... be my guest and post some stuff on here!!!
D.gif

Here are some pictures of my Lavender Orpington chicks!!!! And yes that is part of my foot
lau.gif

~Silly Roosters~
Today I was outside in the garden and I hear cluck cluck and scratch scratch. I look up and in this old abandoned plant pot there is one of our Lav males just standing in there. Hmmm
900x900px-LL-1982f37a_IMGP2984.jpeg

I come a little closer and say "whatcha doing?"
He said, "Who Me?"

LL

"What do you have in there?" I hear scratch scratch and it obviously isn't the rooster I see...

AH HA!!!! So that's what's going on. I've noticed that the young roos around here like to practice making nests. The first guy was standing guard while the other roo pretended to be the girl making the nest lol.

900x900px-LL-30816949_IMGP2983.jpeg

Upon closer inspection..

LL

Silly Roosters!

900x900px-LL-57001f61_IMGP3009.jpeg

Caught a funny pic of Tank & Cuddles today.

Then my jealous camera hog got in the way.
She doesn't understand why anyone would want to take a pic of anything else but her!

Splits are a result of breeding black to lavender. They will be black chickens carrying one copy of the lavender gene. You need 2 copies to produce lavender, so, if you breed the resulting chicks to a lavender you'll get some lavenders and some blacks. I do this to improve feather quality and add fresh genetics to my flock.

I am waiting on a lavender orpington egg to hatch. in the meanwhile I thought I would let you see a pic gray egg that hatched from a lavender frizzle. just to give you ladies something to do, and giving me something to crow about.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom